DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Replacing old radiator valves

Postby bob76 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:28 am

Householder requiring to replace a rather old radiator valve.
Best description : probably 8mm inlet and outlet at bottom, side entry to radiator,
manufacturer Yorkshire Imperial, could be 20 years old.
Help with supplier?.

Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:22 am


Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:42 pm

when you say 8mm inlet and outlet at bottom, do you mean double entry valves ? where both pipes go into one side of the radiator ?

If so, then you don't have to and it's best not to use the same valves. You will be able to fit any 8mm radiator valves to the radiator, one in place of the old valve and the other in place of the blanking plug / drain off at the other end.

All you will need to do is extend one of the pipes to the other end of the radiator and connect to the valve, it doesn't matter which pipe you extend.
htg engineer
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 3256
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Postby The Heating Doctor » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:42 pm

Do you mean the flow and return are on the same side of the radiator, ie the one valve has two entries?
The Heating Doctor
Rank: Foreman
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:49 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics