Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Landy7
Labourer
Labourer

Replacing One Radiator into two Vertical Radiators

Post by Landy7 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:19 am

Hi,

I am replacing an existing radiator with two vertical ones on the ground floor and was wondering how to go about this without loosing to much heat output. The CH system is a pressurised system from a water tank on the 3rd floor, i live in a 3 storey town house, its a 10mm plastic push fit two pipe system and the manifold is located under the floor on the 3rd floor. It is pretty much impossible to run a pair of new pipes back to the manifold without ripping the whole house apart so i was thinking of doing the following.

1. Disconnect the existing radiator flow and return pipes and put a T connector on the ends of the existing pies
2. T off the flow pipe to both radiators
3. T off the return to both radiators

Both the new vertical radiators will have TRV's fitted. I know this may not be the best way to do it but i know it is better than connecting them in series and easier than ripping the floors up and destroying the walls in the rest of the house.

if anyone has any better ideas i am all ears!

Cheers

Royalwilson
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Replacing One Radiator into two Vertical Radiators

Post by Royalwilson » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:06 am

i think you have to do more research on these things or go to soak, victoria plumbing or royal bathrooms to and discuss this matter with them.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:01 am