Replacing radiator
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
SWEEP
Apprentice
Apprentice

Replacing radiator

by SWEEP » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:55 am

I have a Worcester Bosch 24i boiler and I need to remove a radiator swill it out and re-install it afterwards.

Can I then re-fill the radiator direct ie in effect "pour" water straight into the rad or do I have to re-fill from the boiler?

Advice gratefully accepted.

Thanks.

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:53 pm

Well, I suppose you could, but I have never thought of doing it that way! After all filling via the combi is just a matter of turning a knob, and you should know how to do it anyway because of keeping the pressure up.

You might still lose a little pressure anyway when you open up the valves and have to drain off the last dregs of air.

SWEEP
Apprentice
Apprentice

by SWEEP » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:07 pm

[quote="plumbbob"]Well, I suppose you could, but I have never thought of doing it that way! After all filling via the combi is just a matter of turning a knob, and you should know how to do it anyway because of keeping the pressure up.

You might still lose a little pressure anyway when you open up the valves and have to drain off the last dregs of air.[/quote]

Thanks, plumbbob.

I have used the "knob" to keep up pressure in the system of course but I wasn't sure if there was a different method for filling the entire system (or in this case refilling after removing and flushing out just one rad) however, makes much better sense so I'll do as you suggest.

cheers.

SWEEP
Apprentice
Apprentice

by SWEEP » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:33 am

Hi, plumbbob,

As you kindly responded to my initial enquiry a bit if feedback.

Job done no problems - except rad was heavier than I expected!

Thanks for your help.

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:51 pm

Thanks for the feedback. It is appreciated.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1