Residence 9 flush PVC Windows - Has Anyone Used These Before?
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Hackunit
Labourer
Labourer

Residence 9 flush PVC Windows - Has Anyone Used These Before?

Post by Hackunit » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:54 am

Has anyone bought and/or installed Residence 9 windows (http://www.residence9.co.uk/)? They seem like a good alternative to timber, and look very like timber. I'm interested in whether they install ok, the manufacturing quality etc before I order. Thanks

Stokiebear60
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Residence 9 flush PVC Windows - Has Anyone Used These Before?

Post by Stokiebear60 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:16 pm

I recently had a number of these windows installed and, while I am very happy with their appearance, I am very disappointed in that they are very draughty, especially around the frames which are not designed to open. This is even the case in low breezes. Every one of our windows has some problems and the company are not being very helpful; They seem to think that it is acceptable that there should be some element of draughtiness! I wish now that I had spent just a little more and had bespoke hardwood frames.

Morse666
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Morse666 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:03 pm

I've had lots of these windows installed and am having issues with the astragal bars becoming loose. There's also a great deal of inconsistencies with the manufacturing standards. The manufacturer has alleged that I've got "industry standard" and seems to think I should be happy with this, er no! I'm having remedial works carried out but that's because I still owe the installer money and that usually works. If and when the issues are sorted and I pay my final bill I'll look then to see how any future issues are attended to. My guess is that I'll be mucked about and will wait for any reasonable response. Anyone else had any dealing with this company/manufacturer?

georgesfarm
Labourer
Labourer

Post by georgesfarm » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:43 pm

Saw your post and we are having the same problem with draughty Residence 9 windows , we were wondering if you managed to get the problem solved as it is driving us to distraction.

taskersglazing
Labourer
Labourer

Post by taskersglazing » Wed May 11, 2016 8:55 am

Hi maybe able to help

taskersglazing
Labourer
Labourer

Post by taskersglazing » Wed May 11, 2016 9:11 am

Hi.
The sash that does not open should still have hinges on which are concealed.
If the sash is a top opener then under the bottom bead will be screws that hold the window shut.If its a side opener then the screws should be under the a vertical bead next to the mullion. If you take these screws out the window should still open like the openers do except it has no lock or handle. You then put pressure on the window from the outside closing it shut tight then screw the window shut again.Its a 2 man job.. Do not use the original holes. If there is still a wind then it may need the hinges adjusting as they may not have been put in the correct position ..Hope this helps

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:49 am