Revmoving Hard to Reach Nails From Wood and Metal Bannisters
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

JACKJAM
Labourer
Labourer

Revmoving Hard to Reach Nails From Wood and Metal Bannisters

by JACKJAM » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:18 am

Apologies for what might seem to be a rather silly issue but please bear with me! I have a whole set of original 1960s stair bannisters and support struts that I want to refurbish and put in my house – the originals from my house were removed years ago and a neighbour was removing her original ones and gave them to me- result! However as you can see they are painted and in a rather pants condition…I can easily through some hard work get the paint off the wood(mahogany) and it looks ace but I want to remove the metal supports and get them stripped/dipped ….I have started to use a paint stripper chemical and it’s clear that there is a lot of old paint however I started with 1 to begin with and have noticed that the supports have been nailed in to the wood ….even once I get the paint off I can’t see how to remove the nails as they seem impossible to get to and are very secure and there is virtually no purchase…I don’t want to damage to the wood so thought I would see if anyone of you clever people might have some ideas /time solutions …

many thanks and I look forward to hearing from you all

James
Attachments
can't see how to get these nails out once i have removed paint
can't see how to get these nails out once i have removed paint
any ideas?
any ideas?
IMG_0535_2.jpg

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:27 am