Rising Damp in old garage/ coachouse.
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
guinnal
Labourer
Labourer

Rising Damp in old garage/ coachouse.

by guinnal » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:29 pm

Hi- I am looking for some advice on fixing a damp issue in my garage. It's brick built 9" walls, no cavity,concrete floors. High pitched timber slated roof, with chimney. approx 90 years old looks more like an old cottage. Was built as a coach house.

quite often, especially in winter, I have wet walls, sometimes soaking wet with water droplets dripping down the walls. This is usually accompanied with water globules appearing on the floor, as if it is coming up through floor. The next day, the floors and walls can appear powder dry, it does not coincide with rain falling outside- ie, the roof isnt leaking!

There are several internal walls and some walls are more affected than others especially the internal walls though the external walls suffer too. I am thinking about either a cream injection or fluid injection dpc but am unsure which is best. I am able to do the work myself and have access to a dpc injection pump.

I'd appreciate any advice, many thanks.

guinnal
Labourer
Labourer

by guinnal » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:21 pm

Hi-anyone.............I'm getting ready to sail a boat in this garage!!!!!!

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

by TheDoctor4 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:41 am

Hi

Have you had a chance to have a look at the Projects area, in particular the project on damp garage walls and floors: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/garagedamp.htm

The company that presents the project, Property Repair Systems, are experts in this field.

They offer FREE no obligation advice over the phone. Click through to their project and give them a call.

guinnal
Labourer
Labourer

by guinnal » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:24 pm

Hi- thanks for this.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:44 pm