Rofline Replacement
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
atom
Labourer
Labourer

Rofline Replacement

Post by atom » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:34 pm

Hi evertyone!

I am thinking of setting up my own roofline replavement company (fascia, soffet, gutter, bargeboard and cladding etc), and I would like it if someone could help me out on some of the technical details when it comes to the actual product. (~I have the fitters, scaffolders, marketing etc in place already!)

It might sound like a strange one to ask but I am from the sales background and not actually the fiting side!

What is the best or required thickness of fascias, soffet etc do I need to use Sumo/fla board/ogee??

Its all a mistry to me and could do with a lesson on what to order!!! Obviously I want to do it right, and use a good quality product as we are in this for the long all!!!

Thanks

youasked
Tradesman
Tradesman

Do it all

Post by youasked » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:11 am

I think you should ask your fitters, if they are knowledgable they wll answer your questions.
Seems odd to get into this without prior know how. There are an awful lot of guys doing this now, and prices have dropped accordingly.
As for types and thickness, most are standard, though suppliers prices can vary try Gap, Eurocell, Selco, plastics direct.
I would look at roof-coaters as an option. easy to sell and massive growth in the past 3 years. Most jobs take 2 days, and 40-50% mark-up is normal.
Depends where you live though as many major city areas are also busy with band-wagoners jumping around like rabbits.
Good Luck.

Name Suggestions?????
Plastic Fantastic
Fan-Plastic Roofline Services
RUFUS PLASTICUS

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Local help at hand!

Post by TheDoctor4 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:46 pm

Find trusted, insured and vetted tradesman local to your area. Visit the DIY Doctor Find a Tradesman page: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:38 am