DIY Doctor

Roof Leak but Doesn't Look Like its Caused by the Guttering

Postby vn1 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:16 pm

Hi all,

It's my first time posting on here so please let me know if there is any information I have missed.

Basically, we've had an ongoing leak from our tiled roof down the outside of our wall (see picture). This is causing the paint inside the house to bobble.

I have had a go at trying to locate the leak last summer and even replaced some of the guttering but it still seems to be there. It looks as if it's either running behind the fascia board or on top of it.

I have been told that it could be because of a mislaid roof tile but any advice here or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I can take some further pictures of the actual roof if needed.
Image-1.jpg
vn1
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

DIY asbestos test kits

Postby jrterror » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:15 am

Hi
It would be very useful to view photos of the eaves detail. This is the section of roof that that runs into the gutter.
Without the benefit of photos of the roof, I would hazard a guess that the first course of slate/tile do not go into the gutter in this particular area.
jrterror
Progress to next rank:
15.8%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!