Roof Noise
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
lynne.001
Labourer
Labourer

Roof Noise

by lynne.001 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:21 am

Hi - I am new to this site but hope someone will be able to help. We have a property with a flat roof approx 350sqmtrs. Although the roof was sound it was a felt roof that had been layed over 25 years ago and we wanted to have it replaced and extra installation. After loads of research and quotes we settled on having it overlayed with new felt and the 50mm insulation bonded to the existing roof. This was carried out last November and everything seemed fine until the weather got warmer a couple of months ago when we started to hear noises on / in the roof. At first we though it might be animals as its a single storey property but soon ruled that out and as wether got warmer problem has got worse. It usually starts arount 8pm and depending on how hot it has been can continue well into the early morning with crunching and banging noises which are very frightening.
We assume that it is due to expansion and contaction and contacted the roofer who said he had never had any problem before and had layed the roof in accordance with Polyglass insurance and had had roof inspected during the works. They said they would contact polyglass and when I heard nothing I contacted them again and asked for a meeting with them and Polyglass and again heard nothing. Before I contact them again I would like to know what the aswer to this problem could be without it becoming a complete re-roofing job and litigation etc as I really don't want that and I am sure there must be something that can be done to solve this. Please help !

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:48 pm

lynne.001,
If your roof is 350sqmtrs (=10m x 35m) then the problem will probably be expansion. You need to get hold of Polyglass direct and see if they can help.
end

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Help!

by TheDoctor4 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:58 pm

For up to 5 FREE quotes from trusted, vetted and insured tradesmen in your area visit the DIY Doctor Find a Tradesman page: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:07 pm