Roof Valley Leaking Slowly When Raining and Worse When Windy
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
johnblack
Labourer
Labourer

Roof Valley Leaking Slowly When Raining and Worse When Windy

by johnblack » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:49 am

This valley http://imgur.com/gallery/fpEH3vK
Is leaking slowly, when there is a lot of rain and worse with a wind blowing towards the roof. Just want some guidance on where to start looking or what people think the problem might be.

Thanks

greengrass
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Roof Valley Leaking Slowly When Raining and Worse When Windy

by greengrass » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:30 pm

The lead look ok in photo's one thing you can try is gently tapping down the prominant overlap joint. Heat moves the lead and some I've come across have caused leaks in high winds and rain. I just dress down the joints. Don't seal them off as they are left unseal so if rain dose get between layer it can run back out.
Look for an obvious bad tile break, look ast the cement haunching under the tiles and where it meets the lead valley. Look along the lead for cracks in centre fold line also for pin holes usually in small bunches, find any seal off with sealer ask at builders yard the best for this. The big stores won't know.
One thing is certain if I was able and could but retured long time ago and you asked me to replace the valley my response 'Get on yer bike that don't need replacing' probably why I am poor, honest with a clean conscience.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:41 am