DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Rotating hinges or brackets for coffee table and monitor stand

Postby Stan Dinaround » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:28 pm

I'm thinking of building a new desk/coffee table to be a dual use piece of furniture... I want to use it as a regular coffee table and also as a computer moniter mount.. My idea involves the table top being able to rotate through 90-110 degrees... What i need are brackets/hinges that can spin enabling me to flip the top.. I will be mounting the screen on the reverse side of the table top, giving me the best of both while saving much needed space which I would lose having a seperate desk... I have searches for the sort of spinning bracket/hinge I want, but coming up short, most of the time I can only find hinges of the regular variety, those used on doors/windows and hinged lids... I don't know the normal name for these, so am hoping some here will get what I'm looking to do, and be able to point me in the right direction.... any links/names of products will be great...

Cheers, Stan
Stan Dinaround
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:12 pm


Simply Build It

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics