Rotten facia on small flat roof at front of house
Information, help and advice on maintaining, installing and repairing a flat roof. Post your questions and view answers here

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
kevin911
Labourer
Labourer

Rotten facia on small flat roof at front of house

Post by kevin911 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:58 am

Hi
I've a small flat roof at the front of the house which covers the porch and garage. It is covered with felt and doesn't leak inside the buildings, but the facia boards in one corner are rotten. Presumably the felt roof leaks at that edge/corner...
I'm thinking of peeling back the felt, removing the old boards and replacing with new (painted) timber boards...when I google it I get lots of references to 'drip edge' which I cant see any evidence of on my roof..
I asked a roofing company who wanted £1000 to replace the facia and to coat the roof with some rubberised material....doesn't look like a £1000 job to me....
Just wondered if anyone had similar problems or could suggest some solutions. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance...

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Rotten facia on small flat roof at front of house

Post by stoneyboy » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:03 pm

Hi kevin911
Your chances of peeling back the felt and not splitting it are fairly remote. Suggest you lever the fold down edge outwards sufficient to cut any fixings onto the facia, remove the facia and replace with uPVC facia.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:07 pm