DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Rotten hole in wall but which way to proceed?

Postby mrgopher » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:14 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a question though not sure this is the right forum or if it belongs in one of the others but it relates to damp so I'll try here.

I have a friend whose home needs a lot of work on it, it's all within my comfort zone but there is one problem I'm not sure which way to tackle it.

Basically water and damp damage to a section of the dry wall underneath a bath has rotted a hole into it as well as affected the skirting at the bottom. Should I remove the obviously affected dry wall section and replace it with a patch or would that be insufficient? The skirting will need to be replaced either way, it's much too far gone and I've already treating all of the mould. Hopefully she's been keeping it dry in the mean time as it's more exposed than ever right now.

rsz_20210711_151042.jpg
Rotten hole in the wall 1
rsz_20210711_151100.jpg
Rotten hole in wall 2
rsz_20210711_151107.jpg
Rotting skirting
mrgopher
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!