Rough cost of new dishwasher installation
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
tyshapuzzle
Labourer
Labourer

Rough cost of new dishwasher installation

Post by tyshapuzzle » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:29 pm

I need to have a dishwasher installed. (There has not been a dishwasher previously)
The space for it to go is about 2metres from the under sink plumbing along from the washing machine and cooker.

Is this going to be a complicated / expensive job? I know it would be normal / easier to have the dishwasher next to the sink but this is not possible.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Rough cost of new dishwasher installation

Post by stoneyboy » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:21 pm

Hi tyshapuzzle,
With so little detail in your post suggest you allow £250 plus extra if you need a power point as well.
Regards S

tyshapuzzle
Labourer
Labourer

Post by tyshapuzzle » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:38 pm

Is it a problem that the dishwasher will not be next to the sink?
I have plenty of spare power points close by.
Is there anything I can do myself to reduce the cost?

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:07 pm

Hi tyshapuzzle.
The distance from the sink is not a problem, the dishwasher waste pipe and cold water pipe will have to be extended. The major part of the cost will be fitting a washing machine valve in the mains cold and making a suitable connection for the waste pipe. If you have a plastic trap under the sink you could replace this with a similar type but with a washing machine connection point. If you have an accessible link copper mains pipe under the sink it should be fairly straightforward inserting an isolating valve. You could fit one of the valves that clamps on the pipe and cuts a hole in it. This all assumes you can turn off you mains water - don’t try anything unless you can!
The cost will depend so much on what pipe work is under your sink - if you have steel mains and lead waste it’s going to be expensive.
Regards S

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:16 am