Round Crack Marks in Plaster Caused by Protruding Screws
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
williampatey
Labourer
Labourer

Round Crack Marks in Plaster Caused by Protruding Screws

by williampatey » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:07 pm

We moved into a new house five weeks ago that was extended in 2014. Since we have moved in there seems to be quite a few round protruding crack marks in the plaster that have appeared. I pulled off one of these marks and underneath revealed where the screws had been used to fix the plaster board. I'm assuming this is some type of settling in? Do I need to worry and what is the best course of action to remedy all the round protruding cracks in the plaster? Thanks in advance for your help.

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Round Crack Marks in Plaster Caused by Protruding Screws

by collectors » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:58 pm

Give the plasterboard a firm push & see if it cracks any more. This is to also see if there is any movement in the board. If there is any movement you will need to put more screws in to make it better.Then go around & pull off any that are cracked, then start filling. You can use most fillers, but i actually found the ready made plasterboard adhesive very good for this.
Oh! if you do need to use more screws, make sure you use plasterboard screws.& they countersink about 2mm

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:17 pm