Router table insert
Ask questions and find answers on all aspects of tools including hand & power tools.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
greengrass
Foreman
Foreman

Router table insert

by greengrass » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:58 am

[b][b]THANKS OAKIE:[/b]
[color=green][color=indigo]Will stick with my insert as its no a safety matter. Saved over £350 making my table and using a car jack as a lifter even the slightest amount.
Only using one day a week I couldn't justify either a table or lifter.
I make castles from MDF form blockwork in the tower walls the blockwork vertical joints are done with a dremel, free hand.[/color][/color][/b]
Last edited by greengrass on Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oakie
Apprentice
Apprentice

by oakie » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:17 pm

i assume you are using the router upside down? if so you do need to have
as little space as possible around your cutter

oakie
Apprentice
Apprentice

by oakie » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:07 pm

i can see your car jack technique, but hope you still lock the router before use,you cant be too careful

greengrass
Foreman
Foreman

by greengrass » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:08 am

[quote="oakie"]i can see your car jack technique, but hope you still lock the router before use,you cant be too careful[/quote]

Using your sheet to reply for some reason the curser jumped to your page as I clicked it.

YEP lock it every time certainly safety conscious was safety officer for my group on GPO/BT so safety is first in workshop. Just that couldn't see a safety reason to use the inserts except as you say reduce the hole size. As all is kept clear of cutter including fingers as I have a 3" high front fence to ensure hands are well clear I see no safety reason then to go to the purchase of a manufactured base and reducer inserts , plus the jack works quite well and puts no pressure on the casing, rising easy against a soft pad to protect the casing.

smith222
Labourer
Labourer

Drywall Stilts

by smith222 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:12 am

If a visit to the home center or hardware store makes you feel like a sweet-toothed kid in a candy store, you may be showing signs of becoming a tool addict. Keep a firm grip on the shopping cart, eyes straight ahead, and follow these pointers to help you buy the best tools without draining your bank account.

Drywall Stilts

greengrass
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Drywall Stilts

by greengrass » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:50 pm

[quote="smith222"]If a visit to the home center or hardware store makes you feel like a sweet-toothed kid in a candy store, you may be showing signs of becoming a tool addict. Keep a firm grip on the shopping cart, eyes straight ahead, and follow these pointers to help you buy the best tools without draining your bank account.

Thanks Smith222. nicking part of your page to reply:

Being on state pension I pass on the commerciall purchases and make what I can with satisfaction and safety top of the list and as the inserts are not used as safety feature then I not bothr just make a router insert with a center hole big enough for the max 16mm cutter I use.
Greengrass

[url=http://www.walltools.com/store/drywall-tools/drywall-stilts]Drywall Stilts[/url][/quote]

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:07 am