Run Compact Dishwasher Drain Pipe into Kitchen Sink?
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
hgdiydoctor
Labourer
Labourer

Run Compact Dishwasher Drain Pipe into Kitchen Sink?

by hgdiydoctor » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:14 pm

Amazingly I could not find any information about this on the internet!!!

I am renting a flat and the only option I have if I want a dishwasher is to buy a tabletop/compact dishwasher. Because of the layout of the kitchen, the only option I would have is to run the drainpipe into the kitchen sink...i.e.not connected below the sink to the trap, but just running the drain into the main sink from above the work surface where the dishwasher would be placed. Is this feasible? Would I need to make the drain pipe go up and then down or could i run it horizontal along the worktop and then down into the sink for it to work properly?

thedoctor

Re: Run Compact Dishwasher Drain Pipe into Kitchen Sink?

by thedoctor » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:01 pm

Table topdishwashers are usually designed so that the water inlet is connect directly to the tap while the waste goes straight into the sink. Some have both inlet and waste pipe connected to a block so when the inlet is connected t the tap, the outlet (waste) is held in place and does not swish around when the cycle is pumping the dirty water out.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:28 pm