Running Electric for 13 Amp Single Socket to my Shed
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
AntSIBI
Labourer
Labourer

Running Electric for 13 Amp Single Socket to my Shed

by AntSIBI » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:56 pm

Hi im wanting to run electric to my shed from my house. Enough to run a 13a single switch socket.
I am hoping to use the hole i have for my light and use just use the socket that i use for the light and just connect from there. Is there anything i should do/ shouldnt do. Can i use a plug in my house or will it need a need switch?

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Running Electric for 13 Amp Single Socket to my Shed

by Mr White » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:29 pm

Your post makes little sense to any one other than your self, since you know what you mean where as no one else does. What hole, what light?

If you want to have electricity in your shed to avoid the possibility of death, i would suggest you get a quote or two from an electrician.

There are several reasons you are clearly un-aware of.

Any cable that is outside must be suitable for the job, ordinary flex or T & E is not suitable since over time it will degrade.
You will be adding an additional circuit this now comes under Part P
Your new circuit will need to have RCD protection (You may kill some one if it doesn't)
The earthing arrangements must also be checked / modified as required
You will need al the relevant paper work.

If you go ahead and "DIY" you will no doubt say "well it works, so the forum must be wrong" But what will you say if what you suggest results in the death of someone? "oh, perhaps the forum was right, too late for ........"

You have to remember electricity has no prejudices, it kills anyone.
Be safe get an electrician.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:26 pm