Running Water Back Of Multikwik Press Flush Toilet Pan
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

CheekyMunkey
Labourer
Labourer

Running Water Back Of Multikwik Press Flush Toilet Pan

by CheekyMunkey » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:13 am

Hi,

So Im a bit of a novice but Im trying to fix the things I can in my flat. I have a Multikwik toilet with button press flush. Ever since Ive moved in the back of the pan has had water leaking (inside the toilet). Problem is whenever the float drops to refill I have water pump which comes on over and over. So when I sleep I turn off the water pump. This pumps water to all the taps etc.

I changed the Torbec washer which looked like it was leaking. Ive changed the flush seal and now I even replaced the actual flush (one of those quarter turn click in and out ones).

The amount of water leaking has reduced but its still leaking. Is there anything else I can do? Its quite frustrating now as Ive changed quite a few bits and bobs. Do I need to change the cradle in which the flush valve sits?

I dont know much about overflows etc but Ive set the water float lower than the actual flush valve so its not overflowing.

I had the same issue in another bathroom and changing the flush seal and torbek washer worked so Im not sure what else I can do.

Ive done the pan test with a dry tissue. Its like it doesnt get wet straight away. It slowly becomes damp over say 15-20mins and then continues to soak up more and more water.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:53 am