Sand & Cement internal walls
General problems, solutions, information and advice on fixing to walls of all kinds

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Evolution
Labourer
Labourer

Sand & Cement internal walls

by Evolution » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:05 pm

Hello there, I'm currently doing a refurb on my town cottage. I have damp walls all the way around the lounge. I'm going to sand and cement also using a sika waterproof in the mix then i'm going to stud the wall an inch away from the new sand and cement so it disnot matter about the finsh as it wont be seen because of the stud wall. The question I want to ask is the best way to mix this sand and cement?

rimexboy
Labourer
Labourer

by rimexboy » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:27 pm

Hi
sorry to hear that your walls are damp, but i really think you have a bigger problem than just covering it over it sounds like your damp course may have gone and that you may have rising damp coming up from under the walls, you need to get a proper damp proofing company in to confirm this and if your walls do need treating you can hire the stuff and do it yourself but a proper company will of course give you a warrenty.

Evolution
Labourer
Labourer

by Evolution » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:31 am

Had that done already, plus the floor and wall joint. any more advice?

BevBunny
Labourer
Labourer

by BevBunny » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:03 pm

I am slightly confused - are you sayingyou've already dampproofed the wall with some sort of new damp course (probably chemical?) so now you have a bare brick wall which you need to plaster?

If so the sand cement is just like plastering a wall ie mix it up and slap it on.

We're just having our lounge damp treated - they're coming in to take the plaster off, inject a chemical damp course and replaster with sand/cement/waterproofing stuff. We are then probably going to skimwith finishing laster fo a good finish and all shoudl be fine. This might be easier than studding with plaster board? and gives a better finish.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:11 am