Saniflow Getting Blocked too Regularly
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

dewsbury
Labourer
Labourer

Saniflow Getting Blocked too Regularly

by dewsbury » Fri May 10, 2019 6:39 pm

Hi from a householder amateur!

I have a saniflow plus for over 5 years. For the last 2 years it "gets blocked" about every 6 months. I then call a guy to fix it. I am aware of what should not be put in saniflow etc.

For the first time - I decided to open it up and investigate. I removed POWER source. Then I did a wet hoover and cleaned up a bit.

It appears that the toilet soil pipe does NOT go into the macerator directly - there is a 2cm gap between inner wall of saniflow and the center of unit (with the blade).

Also, see attached photos. I found these "spare parts" at the back of the saniflow on the floor - out of site. God knows how long they have been there!

QUESTION 1: Should the waste pipe from the toilet be a sealed join into the centre of the saniflow (the macerating bit!) ?
The waste pipe from the toilet IS sealed as far as the outer wall of the Saniflow but NOT into the Saniflow itself.

QUESTION 2: See link below for photo. I am wondering should these be inside the saniflow rather than lying on the ground behind the unit. Or are they just waste lying around untidy.

https://www.screencast.com/t/EX2mgNYw7Q

saniflow1

Thanks for assistance.

It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:58 pm