DIY Doctor

Satchwell motorised valve

Postby peter gibbs » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:25 pm

My 2 port Satchwell valves have failed - have taken off motorised top and can see valves themselves rotate freely by hand. So can I just replace motorised tops? Problem - these valves installed in 1981 when house was built. Any hope I can get replacement tops that will fit, or must I haul the whole valve out and replace entirely?
peter gibbs
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:13 pm


Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:25 pm

The valves themselves will probably be ok.

Satchwell is now known as Sunvic, do you have the model number ? may be DM5601, Danfoss HSA3 actuators also fit some satchwell/sunvic valves.

Pretty sure you will be able to get a replacement. ... -p-37.html

htg engineer
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 3256
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics