Scaffolding needed?
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
frog6
Labourer
Labourer

Scaffolding needed?

by frog6 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:25 pm

I live in a 2nd floor flat and want to replace the double glazing in all my windows and doors to the balcony. A fitter came out and told me that as I am more than 10metres up, he would need to get scaffolding to comply with Health and Safety regs even though all the work is from inside. Is this true?

Secondly, do I need permission from the Council to do the work or just a certificate of guarantee?

Thanks

winger
Apprentice
Apprentice

by winger » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:24 pm

Do you mean the sealed units or the frames need replacing? You will only need a certificate if the frames are being changed , if it's just the units a gaurantee will be fine. Also if it's just the units being replaced, what are the frames made of?

frog6
Labourer
Labourer

Scaffolding

by frog6 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:29 am

Hi,
yes the frames also need replacing and not just the units so will need a certificate. Still not sure about the scaffolding though..........

winger
Apprentice
Apprentice

by winger » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:08 pm

Well i think scaffolding is the correct thing as the window will need sealing on the outside. Trouble is nowadays health and safety has gone crazy and employers and employees all have to do the job as safe as possible

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:40 am