DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Scale buster installation advice

Postby cookie85 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:44 pm


I've just recently bought a domestic 20mm Scale buster from the Rodin Group, which will hopefully help to solve the scale problem in my house.

Theres no flanged ends, just a 20mm diameter opening. In the installation instructions it states the 'BSP connection size is 3/4 inch female', and compression fittings must be used only.

My cold water feed pipe to my cylinder where i am installing the scale buster is 15mm.

My question is, do i just need a 20mm reducer to 15mm female compression fitting? Or will i need the male and female 20mm reducer to 15mm?

I work in the design industry, but am not a plumber, so dont know much about the types of fittings needed.

Any help would be appreciated.
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:22 pm


Simply Build It

Postby johnb » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:52 am

hi cookie you need to purchase 3/4inch male iron to 15mm compression , [take to merchant easiest ] use ptfe tape on 3/4 end and a little boss white compound on 22mm end around tube and olive all the best john
Rank: Ganger
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:09 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics