screw fallen out of plasterboard
General problems, solutions, information and advice on fixing to walls of all kinds

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
cvmaus
Labourer
Labourer

screw fallen out of plasterboard

by cvmaus » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:40 pm

Bit of problem. I live in a flat with plasterboard. The flat is new build and came fitted with blinds in the bedroom windows and now my son's blinds are falling. One screw has fallen out. I'm not sure if the hole is enlarged now or whether I will be able to just refit it. (i'm assuming not as that is the reason the screw came out.)

Not sure best way to repair and blind is currently hanging only on one side from the other screw.

Any advise at all please!!!

lectros
Labourer
Labourer

Plasterboard Fixing

by lectros » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:44 am

Best to use a INTERSET, (RAWLPLUG), which is useful in larger holes.
This type of fixing opens like an umbrella as you tighten the screw.
Do not over tighten otherwise the epanding part of the fixing can cause damage to the plasterboard.
These fixings are available & B&Q, screwfix etc.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

screw

by welsh brickie » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:47 am

you can buy various screw for this type of job ask you local builders
merchant for redidrive screws or hollow wall anchors

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:47 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:51 pm