sealing a conseravtory to a concrete base
Conservatories are a great all-round addition to any home. Find help, advice and information on all aspects of this area.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sc
Labourer
Labourer

sealing a conseravtory to a concrete base

Post by sc » Sat May 03, 2008 9:26 pm

I have just had a upvc conservatory installed on a concrete base that I prepared. I have noticed damp patches around the internal perimeter, it appears that the conservatory has been placed direct on the base and sealed internally only with a thin line of mastic. Would you normally expect the bottom upvc to be set in a silicon or similar seal and then sealed inetranly and externally with mastic? There is also no external mastic applied. Part of the conservatory is running along a neighbours fence and the only way it can now be sealed is by removing the upvc panels and reinstalling. The guttering also has 2-3 inches of standing water is this normal? Many thanks for any advice.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

sealing conservatory

Post by welsh brickie » Sun May 04, 2008 9:47 am

are you sure its leaking and not condensation,if it is leaking it could be
that the drainage has not been drilled properly,if you remove the panel where the damp patch is and check if waters in the rebate and the drain
holes are clear.
Water standing in the gutter is normal because you cannot create a fall
on consevatory roofs,but 2in of water sounds excessive could be a blockage in the outlet.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:30 pm