Sealing and Skimming Bathroom ceiling
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
boardmatt
Labourer
Labourer

Sealing and Skimming Bathroom ceiling

by boardmatt » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:18 am

Hello, This is my first post as I can normally find the answers to my questions in the forum!

I have just put up a new plasterboard ceiling in my bathroom, Unfortunately I did not use the green moisture resistant plasterboard, just the normal stuff.

I am about to skim the ceiling and was wondering if I need to seal the plasterboard with Gyproc sealant first? or as I'm skimming it and then painting it, is that enough to protect it? is Gyproc sealant used when people paint directly onto the plasterboard?

Or, should I give the plasterboard a few coats of watered down pva, like i have done when i have re-skimmed existing plaster walls?

You thoughts are most welcome!

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:57 pm

Hi, you won't need to seal it until plastered and usually primer and paint will do.
You don't need to PVA plasterboard pre-plastering but if it has been plastered already a couple of coats of PVA will do the job.
Have a look on the project pages under plastering may give usefull info for you.
Good Luck with Project
KB

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:47 am