DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Search for hinges and help needed to identify what I need

Postby rooster66 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:05 pm

Hi all, I am new here and as with any forum, I am here for help at the beginning.

I am searching for a type of hinge, in the list of hinges, they are referred to as a 'wrap around hinge', but no matter how I play with the wording, I cannot find any to purchase anywhere.


That is the hinge in question and I have done a small 'paint' picture of the operation I am looking to achieve on a cabinet door.
Thank you in advance for any heads up of the name, what to search for, or even where to purchase them? Rooster.
cabinet action.jpg
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:38 pm


Simply Build It

Postby thedoctor » Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:33 am


Apologies, this should have been stated in the project. Traditionally it's known as a wrap around, offset and cabinet hinge but more recently it's now referred to as a cranked hinge

Kind Regards
Posts: 2530
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:15 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics