DIY Doctor

seconadary double galzing in old house

Postby freeleaf » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:35 pm

We have an old victorain house and the windows are draughty single glazed ones. Some of them are also shaped at the top. We live in a conservation area and I'm not sure we would be allowed to replace them, even if we could afford to. We want to make the windows less draughty and wondered if we could get some secondary glazing fitted. Does anyone know the answers to the following:
Could not-very-good DIYers fit sec glazing themselves? Would we have to get the rounded shaped windows made specially to fit, and who might do this?
Thank you
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:44 am


Simply Build It

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics