DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Self Cutting Tap Device. Unknown Type

Postby PercyVeer » Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:12 pm

Hello, I've joined the forum hoping that a member with plumbing experience might recognize the device attached to the 15mm cold water feed pipe under my kitchen sink. Photo attached. I inherited this plumbing with the house.

I'm familiar with self cutting taps used for washing machines but I can't understand what this one might be used for. It has an unusual metal spigot and large control knob. The spigot is not connected to anything. I'm planning to re-arrange the pipe connections to accomodate a new tap and if I can safely remove the device I intend to use a compression T in its place. But is it a tap ? I wondered if its some kind of hammer absorber ?

It may have been for a device now removed by the previous owners.

Any suggestions will be welcome, thanks
unknown device (1).jpg
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:20 pm


Simply Build It

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics