selv fan?
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
craspark
Labourer
Labourer

selv fan?

Post by craspark » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:59 pm

hi guys. i have to fit a timer fan on a ceiling above a shower, the height of the ceiling is 2.35m from floor. do i have to fit a selv fan?
if so, a normal timer fan has a perminant live & a switched live at it. on a selv fan, which do i put through the isolating tansformer?

cheers

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by rosebery » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:08 pm

17th Edn has dispensed with Zone 3. Zone 1 still extends to 225mm above the floor for a bath/shower. At 2.35m you are outside the zones and can fit what you want as long as it conforms to the appropriate IP rating.

If its a new circuit then its notifiable and should be done by a qualified electrician. All circuits in a bathroom now have to be protected by a 30mA RCD. If its a like for like replacement you are OK on notification but its a moot point as to whether an MWC is required.

Are you fitting it in your own bathroom or are you doing it for someone else - presumably for some sort of remuneration ("I have to fit"). If its the latter and you need to ask the question about the iso tfr then perhaps you shouldn't be fitting it to be frank.

Cheers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:59 am