DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Serving notice on an unoccupied building

Postby confused71 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:54 pm

I need to give notice under the Party Wall Act to an adjoining property, but the property is unoccupied. I know that I can give the notice by fixing it to the outside of the property, but what happens next? Nobody is going to respond to the notice, so does that mean that once the time period for responding to the notice is up I have to go through the whole process of appointing a surveyor? It seems a bit daft if there's nobody living there for the surveyor to talk to!
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:50 pm

Postby kbrownie » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:02 pm

Hi confused71,
If your concerned that your notice will not reach the owner of the property and some way down the line it may create a problem. Simple solution, go on to land registry website you can find out who the house belongs to and thier current address, cost about £2 or £4. Worth it for peace of mind.
Kind Regards
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 1995
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:36 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics