servis washing machine - partial flush
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
shagty
Labourer
Labourer

servis washing machine - partial flush

Post by shagty » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:44 pm

hi everyone,

i am experiencing problems with my servis washing machine and would really appreciate some help in diagnosing the cause of a fault.

the machine is a standard front loading 6 kg unit, 5-8 years old and the model ref is: m6012.

the problems started when the machine would only flush water through compartment 1 (pre wash) of the dispenser tray while the main wash powder and conditioner would remain in tray. a flashing light (the decimal point in the time remaining) would appear on the display moments after the wash started around the same time the flush would normally occur. this is followed by a flush in the pre wash compartment only when it should be the main wash flush.

soon after this fault, the heater element failed and tripped the power supply (ELCB).
i replaced the element and the water heating is now restored.
however, the dispenser problem still persists.

would anyone happen to know what kind of fault the flashing light represents?
and what could the reason be for partial flushing?

after devoting time and effort installing a new heater and door handle, i would like to repair if possible.
your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

THIS NOTE HAS BEEN REVISED AS ITS INCORRECT
p.s the dispenser water valves are three individual solenoids for each compartment.

CORRECT NOTE:the dispenser lever is controlled by 2 no. solenoids

shagty
Labourer
Labourer

Re: servis washing machine - partial flush

Post by shagty » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:27 pm

shagty wrote:hi everyone,

i am experiencing problems with my servis washing machine and would really appreciate some help in diagnosing the cause of a fault.

the machine is a standard front loading 6 kg unit, 5-8 years old and the model ref is: m6012.

the problems started when the machine would only flush water through compartment 1 (pre wash) of the dispenser tray while the main wash powder and conditioner would remain in tray. a flashing light (the decimal point in the time remaining) would appear on the display moments after the wash started around the same time the flush would normally occur. this is followed by a flush in the pre wash compartment only when it should be the main wash flush.

soon after this fault, the heater element failed and tripped the power supply (ELCB).
i replaced the element and the water heating is now restored.
however, the dispenser problem still persists.

would anyone happen to know what kind of fault the flashing light represents?
and what could the reason be for partial flushing?

after devoting time and effort installing a new heater and door handle, i would like to repair if possible.
your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

THIS NOTE HAS BEEN REVISED AS ITS INCORRECT
p.s the dispenser water valves are three individual solenoids for each compartment.

CORRECT NOTE:the dispenser lever is controlled by 2 no. solenoids

hi again,

i have tested the solenoids for current when they should be energised and there dosnt appear to be any flow.
does anyone know if this sounds familar with other models and could the control module be faulty?

anyfeedback would be greatly appreciated

s

shagty
Labourer
Labourer

solenoid test result

Post by shagty » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:30 pm

hi again,

i have tested the solenoids for current when they should be energised and there dosnt appear to be any flow.
does anyone know if this sounds familar with other models and could the control module be faulty?

any feedback would be greatly appreciated

regards

s

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:39 am