I have a 'Worksharp WS 2000 Horizontal grinder (See on net ) supplied by Rutland tools UK agents for Worksharp USA. Using in my garage. Purchased circa 5yrs ago sharpened two woodchisels to shop sharp two days ago. Today 12 May tried to sharpen one held it in the guide switched and recieved a mild electric shock, tried again and another so not as I thought was static. Loath to try again without pen 'touch' tester waiting for one from son-in-law. Any ideas what could be causing it? i need to have some idea so not stiiched up at repair shop with 'shocking' estimate.(Excuse pun); Even though electrric TOOL thought it best here. Many thanks in advance. greengrass (Bob UK.)
It seems no longer available so no idea if class 1 or class 2, although one can get static I have never noticed it with an angle grinder or sander which do similar jobs.
With class 1 reasonably easy to either with PAT tester or insulation tester to test, however in the main with class II it is only tested after repair as the 25,000 volt can damage the unit, so it is only used to test screws just in case one is too long and has got too close to live parts. The wand is not used for normal in service inspection and testing, it is only used after repair.
The insulation tester as standard uses 500 volt to test with, often an option to use 250 and 1000 volt, but even at 1000 volt not much use to find faults with a class II machine.
I lost my original insulation tester (Robin) so until it turns up I bought a replacement cheapest I could find £35, but only really any good if class I and at £35 likely cheaper to take it to an electrician to test it.
DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!