Shortening and Reconnecting PVC Pipe for Toilet Cistern
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Russelb
Labourer
Labourer

Shortening and Reconnecting PVC Pipe for Toilet Cistern

by Russelb » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:08 pm

Hi all this is my first post here, i recently ripped up my floorboards as i want to tile the bathroom and decided to put the Toilet cistern feed pipe under the floor.
The PVC Pipe which is connected to a plastic Tee piece one end and a copper elbow the other is too long and needs shortening could anyone tell me how i should go about doing this please?

P.S i am a novice DIY'er and am trying to save money so if possible without the help of a plumber, thanks!

proptech
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Shortening and Reconnecting PVC Pipe for Toilet Cistern

by proptech » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:38 pm

Hi Russelb
There are many different plastic pipes on the market, and are not universal. So, we have to establish which make of pipe this is, and exactly which fittings have been used. The pipe may be printed with the makers name.
Is it possible to remove this section of pipe, and take it into a proper plumbers merchant for identification - NOT a DIY store, they won;t have a clue!
Also, if you could post a photo, we may be able to help more.

Russelb
Labourer
Labourer

by Russelb » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:26 am

Hi thanks for the quick reply, here is a photo. I can't see a name printed on that pipe but a nearby pipe is qual-pex barrier pipe. I know not much use really but I'm a bit reluctant to try and remove it at this stage, Thanks

proptech
Foreman
Foreman

by proptech » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:32 pm

I can't see any photo!
Nevertheless, as it's barrier pipe it will be the standard 15mm I did wonder if you had an older system, from the days when plastic started to be used.
Now, obviously this pipe is easy to cut, but I have to asume that you need to know how to remove the fitting/s. For this we really do need to know what make they are.
Please try the photo again.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:55 am