Should I Fix Self Levelling Floor Job?
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ekemp
Labourer
Labourer

Should I Fix Self Levelling Floor Job?

by ekemp » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:58 pm

A friend of mine (who has just trained as a plasterer) agreed to self level my floor although he told me it was the first time he had done it so he would be learning. Subfloor is some kind of asphalt type covering which anecdotally I have been told contains asbestos.

Unfortunately, he thought he had purchased enough product but ran out part way through the job and had to leave to buy some more. He finished off the job on his return but the compound ran slightly over the edge of what he had laid earlier in the day. He therefore agreed to sand the edges to make good but this has in fact made it worse and led to some dips in the flooring, which appear to be a couple of millimetres in depth.

I am intending to lay quite an expensive laminate floor over the top and I am worried because my previous laminate cracked due to dips in the floor (hence the reason for self levelling). The question is, how best to put right? Is it ok to relay self-levelling polymer over the whole floor for a perfect finish or will there be problems with adhesion? If it is better to patch it up, what would be the best way to go about this? Or... is it best to just leave it and hope that a couple of mm will not be enough to cause problems with the laminate?

tileclipproman
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Should I Fix Self Levelling Floor Job?

by tileclipproman » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:01 pm

there is no problem in overlaying latex with latex.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:26 am