DIY Doctor

Main navigation

should we be part p registered

Postby stinny » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:06 pm

[b]just found this website brilliant for information.i currently work for local authority in street lighting involves maintaining electrical equipment as well as new installations and additional points to all us sparks need to be part p registered ? would appreciate advice from anyone who knows as the boss doesnt seem to interested (probably doesnt want to fork out for 8 sparks to take it) thanks. by the way sparkx youre info is great learnt a lot already from reading youre replies[/b]
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:53 pm


Simply Build It

Postby sparx » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:00 pm

If you are undertaking domestic work except for very small remedials then answer is probably yes.
For commercial / industrial work only then no,
Part P of bldg regs covers this notifiable work & if you look on this forum under 'Projects' there is a list of work that needs reg. sparks,
Also a lot of other info available from IET, NAPIT, ECA, NICEIC web sites,
Over 2 years into legal requirements & amazed how many people still don't know abt. law. massive fines, jail etc for non-compliance
boss had better read-up!
regards, SPARX
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2166
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:33 pm
Location: The fifth continent.

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics