Should we replace the boiler with a new boiler or change to airsource heat pump system?
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
blueb
Labourer
Labourer

Should we replace the boiler with a new boiler or change to airsource heat pump system?

Post by blueb » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:52 pm

Hi everyone, I need some advice. The boiler in my house is 20 years old (gas central heating system) and I'm thinking of replacing it with a new one. My husband said the government is phasing out boilers and want to install airsource heat pumps. Can someone please advise how many years are we talking about before we cannot use normal boilers? The cost is about 1000+ for boilers and 10,000+ for airsource heat pumps. Thanks for your help, Barb.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Should we replace the boiler with a new boiler or change to airsource heat pump system?

Post by stoneyboy » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:59 pm

Hi blueb
I think the plan is that by 2030 all new build homes should be heated by heat pumps. New gas boiler have a lifespan of around 10 years so ask the question again when your new boiler fails.
Regards S

blueb
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Should we replace the boiler with a new boiler or change to airsource heat pump system?

Post by blueb » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:27 am

Thank you so much for the reply. Best, Susan.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1