All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
joshls
Labourer
Labourer

Shower alternating hot/cold but taps are fine

by joshls » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:36 pm

Hi
I have an issue with both shower systems in my house alternating hot/cold when run - shower temperatures never actually get "scalding" hot, more like warmish before reverting to cold and back - I have tried adjusted both valves to improve with little luck, the only improvement I've had is reducing the flow on the mains feed with a ball-valve otherwise the cold seems to prevail completely. The basin taps however, both upstairs and down do get hot. I should note this wasn't always the case, previously before installing the second shower system, I had good temperature in the first shower. I've had Two plumbers check it over. My gut is that is that it may be related to a lack of pressure in the hot from the boiler. We have a strong mains feed pressure but also suffer from hard water here in the south-east.
System info:
Worcester combi-boiler, pipe diameter 15mm for hot and mains to shower and basin taps
Thermostatic shower valve: crosswater shower & bath valve PRO1500LBPV

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Shower alternating hot/cold but taps are fine

by stoneyboy » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:19 pm

Hi joshis,
Start by fitting an adjustable pressure reducing valve in the mains supply to the shower valve, you can then balance the hot and cold pressures.
Regards S

joshls
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Shower alternating hot/cold but taps are fine

by joshls » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:41 pm

Appreciate the reply, thanks I’ll give that a go

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:29 pm