Shower Floor Drain Issues
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Coltman66
Labourer
Labourer

Shower Floor Drain Issues

by Coltman66 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:21 pm

I recently had some problems with my shower floor drain that I have in my basement. The shower is built into the wall and is made of plastic and fiberglass.

I don't use the shower often, but would like some help with this problem.

The drain started leaking and I tried to replace it and found that the whole drain had to be replaced. The only problem was that I would have to rip out the whole shower just to get to the drain. To save some labor, I cut out the old drain and since the hole was bigger, I installed a toilet drain over the old drain hole and used some marine epoxy to seal it. It has no leaks at all and works great.

The problem is that the drain is about 1/4" above the shower floor.

Is there anything I can use to put over the floor to bring the level up? I thought about cement, but I was thinking that would have to be at least 2" thick and would bring the level up to high. I also thought about some kind of floor level that I could pout into the area to bring the level up. Are there any kind of waterproof levelers that would work?

Also thought about some kind of rubber mat. Looked at some at Lowes and Menards but they were not wide enough. If I went that route, where could I find one wide enough to fit. the floor is about 30" x 30"

Thanks for any help in advance!

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:15 pm

Coltman66,
Buy some self-levelling floor compound preferably with latex in it - this can be laid down to a feather edge.
end

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:21 pm