shower heads
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
fantasy
Labourer
Labourer

shower heads

Post by fantasy » Fri May 23, 2008 11:16 am

hi wondered if you could help me, im trying to put a handheld shower head in my bathroom to run off the shower head i have now, if this makes sence, its so i can shower my disabled mother with the hand held shower but still keeping the over head shower rose for me to use when i want to shower, what i want to know is what is the connection called that needs fixing to both heads, and where can i buy it, all i can tell you its like a t piece with a switch so you can filter the water from one or the other, sorry if ive confused anyone by this, i have seen this shower fixing in a friends house but she doesnt know where to get it from as it was in house when she moved in haha, anyway if anyone can make sence of what i have put here hope you can help me thanks tricia

Balkor
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Balkor » Fri May 23, 2008 2:20 pm

i understand what you mean but not sure about the fitting, however i do have another suggestion you could try instead

You could possibly get one of those shower heads that connect to your hot and cold bath taps, that way you can take it off when not in use and im guessing it wont be as much work to set up.

Mac-the-Wrench
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Mac-the-Wrench » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:40 am

Hi Tricia,

If I understand you correctly, you already have a shower over the bath?

If not, you want to have a mixer tap on your bath which has a switch to change the water flow to the shower fitting, and at the same time be able to attach the shower head to the wall so you can stand up to have a shower?

If the latter is the case, then get one of these

http://www.awin1.com/awclick.php?mid=12 ... e%20%BE%22

or something similar. As long as you have a long enough hose you should be able to use it for both types of showering task.

Good luck.

Mac

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:18 am