Shower Mixer Choice to Maximise Pressure for Gravity fed System

Postby aileron346 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:05 am

Can anyone help with advice about a shower mixer? Gravity fed hot and cold - current problem is low flow from shower with the existing thermostatic mixer.
BUT... both hot and cold pressures are good (cold a bot stronger than hot). So fully hot gives a great flow but too hot; fully cold even better.

So, I reckon I need a system that maximises the hot flow - full on all the time...but then controls shower temp by varying the cold input. So, I can achieve this by separate hot/cold taps on the mixer.

(I don't want to go down the road of power showers when the gravity pressure does look adequate - bath fills quickly etc etc)

My questions:
1) Does a mixer exist that will maximise hot and control shower via cold feed only?
2) If not, anyone recommend a shower mixer with seperate hot and cold taps that varies the cold subtly (ie you don't need those milllimitre movements to get the temp right).

Thanks in advance.
aileron346
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!