Shower mixer valve not drawing hot water from combi system
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
db8416
Labourer
Labourer

Shower mixer valve not drawing hot water from combi system

by db8416 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:43 am

I have just done a complete bathroom refit for my mother in law including toilet, basin and shower. Everything is new. The shower is a thermostatically controlled bar mixer valve type with a recommended operating pressure of at least 1bar.

Link removed

She very recently had a gas combi boiler system fitted. Everything works fine except one thing. When I switched on the shower for the first time, it ran cold only. There is nothing wrong with the flow of water, just that there is only cold water coming through. The only reason I know this is that the boiler has a light that illuminates when the hot water is being drawn from the boiler and this illuminates when I open the hot water tap of the basin in the bathroom but not the shower. Any ideas?[/i]

bobplum
Foreman
Foreman

by bobplum » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:55 pm

hi
is this mixer valve suited for combis,did it say on the instructions
bob

db8416
Labourer
Labourer

by db8416 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:57 am

I will check the instructions and post again. I cannot remember where I saw it, but I am sure it was as that is why I bought it. Now I am starting to doubt myself...ooops! In the interim - thanks

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:31 pm

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:45 am