Shower - no pressure
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
markknight
Labourer
Labourer

Shower - no pressure

by markknight » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:35 pm

I have about 1 bar pressure which is too low for my current Triton model. The shower is direct fed from the cold main (I have no tanks). Can I fit a pumped electric shower (triton T80si) direct to the main or do I need to fit a tank. Any help would be appreciated as rinsing with bucket is no longer fun.
Thanks

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:13 pm

You can't fit a pump in the mains water supply. The pressure may exceed the pumps maximum rating for one thing.

The most important consideration though is pumps pump not suck. So if you have a low flow main, where is the extra water going to come from that will be needed to make the pump work????

There is a good chance your old water main has leaks so as the pump tries to pull water up the main, it will draw ground water in to the drinking supply. Not good!!

You can use the header tank to supply a pump connected to the shower, but be aware of negative head. If this occurs, the pump will not be triggered when the shower is started.

You might be better advised at putting the money towards sorting out the poor supply.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:54 pm