shower not demading water from combi boiler
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jbradley
Labourer
Labourer

shower not demading water from combi boiler

by jbradley » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:34 am

I live in a one level flat and have a gas combi boiler. the shower has suddenly stopped demanding hot water from the boiler; when you turn the shower on the boiler does not light up as it should. The hot water taps in the kitchen and bathroom sink, and the bath all work, igniting the boiler and therefore getting hot water. I have tried turning the shower on, then the bathroom tap to create a demand for hot water and see if the shower can maintain the demand but with no success. Any tips?

DONFRAMAC
Ganger
Ganger

by DONFRAMAC » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:59 am

Their may be some limescale in your shower mixer, or just in the handset/spray holes. Any significant drop in flow can have your result -- no firing of the boiler.

DONFRAMAC
Ganger
Ganger

by DONFRAMAC » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:53 am

I am about to have a gas combi system fitted, to replace my vented system. I shall lose my 210 litre indirect hot cylinder, loft header-tank, and small header for the central heating system.
That will leave me with no stock of hot water except the 13.5 litres in the combi, in the garage.
The blender shower in use at present is not suitable for low pressure systems, but the same manufacturer makes blender showers which are fully compatible with high pressure systems, as they give much more flow, so the sensor in the combi does see the hot demand. It is also not affected by other demands for water, being pressure-balanced.
Price ranges from £370 - £551 depending on finish, and includes quality handset/rail/variable rose, and pressbutton for even hotter shower.
Combiforce 415, will find the kit on a search. Surface mount, or flush, etc.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1