Shower Pressure Issues After Just Installing new Mixer Shower
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Rob L
Labourer
Labourer

Shower Pressure Issues After Just Installing new Mixer Shower

Post by Rob L » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:28 pm

Hi. First post from a newbie. Apologies if this has been asked before. I've just had a new mixer shower fitted and the water pressure has gone from perfectly ok (if not a power shower) to being barely useable. It's not a combi boiler so the hot water is coming from a cylinder and I'm told the cold supply to the shower is coming from the header tank in the loft rather than the mains. Just doing a bit of research it seems that some mixers may be better than others or even specifically designed for low pressure. So my question is....can anyone recommend a decent thermostatic mixer shower that can work some magic with low water pressure. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks for reading . Cheers. Rob

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Shower Pressure Issues After Just Installing new Mixer Shower

Post by collectors » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:36 am

Just before you do anything, have a check on the flexible hose to your shower head as they come with an 8/10/11mm bore. You may have a small one that is restricting flow. The other thing to do is take the flexible hose off at the wall end & time how long it takes to fill a bucket, now do the same with the hose connected at the other end.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:03 pm