3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Noggin
Labourer
Labourer

Shower Pressure

by Noggin » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:25 pm

Hi,
First post so bear with me!
Have a 'Trevi' type (venturi) shower installed which has worked well for over 4 years. Just recently the water temperature has reduced, even though the hot water basin tap temperature is ok.
Turned off the water mains to investigate and found no problems. I was expecting some restriction in the mixer unit, but found nothing. Now I have re assembled and reinstated the hot and cold water supplies.

However, I now do not get any hot water at all through either the hot water basin tap or the shower - cold water is ok. All other hot water taps are working fine. Just this one in an en suite bathroom.

Two questions:

1. Any ideas what the original problem may have been?
2. How do I get hot water flowing again to the taps and shower.

Thanks in anticipation
Steve

bjbiker
Apprentice
Apprentice

by bjbiker » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:28 pm

Hi
it sounds like your hot water is air locked, try putting hose pipe from cold tap to hot tap in bathroom, open hot tap first then cold (unless hose is clamped in place) get someone else to turn on shower, in hot only position.
Warning do not leave hose connected for to long

Noggin
Labourer
Labourer

by Noggin » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:36 pm

Thanks for the reply.

The hot water problem is now resolved, thanks to clearing a blockage!

I am still left with a shower which does not have enough shower pressure to provide hot water to the shower head!

Is there anything that can be done to overcome this or is it likely to be the mixer unit?

Thanks in anticipation
Steve

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:41 pm