Shower Problem
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Paul2463
Tradesman
Tradesman

Shower Problem

by Paul2463 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:02 pm

I wont explain the reasons but the Immersioan Heater has been on continually for a month or so, the only clue was scalding hot water in the taps, I have now figured that problem out and have normal hot water in the hot water system now.

My problem is that the thermostatic shower in my ensuite only gets luke warm, even at full temp. My question is this

could putting scalding hot water through it have damaged the thermostat in the shower causing this "not getting hot " problem?

or is it just coincidence that this has happened and its just scaled up inside and knackered?

thanks in advance

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:53 pm

Paul2463,
Probably scaled up - try continually moving the temperature control fully hot to fully cold while the shower is running, this may clear the problem.
end

Paul2463
Tradesman
Tradesman

by Paul2463 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:34 pm

Thanks Stoneyboy

I gave your idea a damn good go, but it didnt help the situation, I had though, ordered a new valve from VP (an internet plumbing retailer) who had a value one for £35.00 including P&P. This is obviously cheaper than a plumber callout and in my mind well worth a go. I didnt even have to do any plumbing as it fit directly onto the pipes coming out of the wall ( measuring for 150mm centres paid off!)

What I am going to do though is to sink the old one in a bath of de-scaler and then store it in case of the value one breaks, as I know it sort of works and being de-scaled make it work properly

once again thank you for replying.

Kenj
Ganger
Ganger

by Kenj » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:44 pm

Hi Paul2463,

If you want to save yourself some money, use vinegar. It is cheaper than descaler. Especially if you use the vinegar from a used jar of pickles.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:02 pm