Shower Pump Installation and Fitting a Surrey Flange
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Monty13
Apprentice
Apprentice

Shower Pump Installation and Fitting a Surrey Flange

by Monty13 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:23 pm

I am installing a Stuart Turner Monsoon universal 2 bar pump under the hot water cylinder to increase pressure in en-suit. Both the hot and cold feed to the ensuite is via a gravity feed system (cold water from a tank in the attic). Hot feed will go up into the attic and then down to the ensuite.
Need help to purchase a Surrey or top flange to fit into the hot water cylinder to feed the pump and then to the ensuite via attic route. Please see attached pictures to show what is currently connected, I have removed the top 22mm compression nut. The male connection seen in the photo is 1 inch and the distance between the two hexagon flat of the cylinder flange is 1-3/8 inches. The outlet pipe is 22mm.
What size surrey flange should I purchase?
Do I have to remove the connection fitted into the tank?
Can I not fit a surrey flange to the male connection seen in the photo?
Do I have to apply any sealing to the threads of the surrey flange?
Stuart Turner recommends that I should fit their design flange, is it necessary?
I am going to use JG 22 mm pipe and JG push-fit connections. The final connection to the shower will to existing 15 mm copper pipe.
Good professional advice would be much appreciated. Currently, unable to attach the pictures as I do not know how to resize. I will attach it later.

Monty13
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Shower Pump Installation and Fitting a Surrey Flange

by Monty13 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:27 pm

Please find a link to the photos I refer to in my message above.
Requested advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6DN53zkcTwNAxTdr7

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:16 am