shower pump problem
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
scott j
Labourer
Labourer

shower pump problem

by scott j » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:58 pm

i have fitted a salamander shower pump to a new mixer shower on a gravity feed system. everything has been working fine then after about 2 weeks when i turned it off there was a loud banging coming from the pump. when i turned it on again the shower worked fine. the banging contiued every time i turned the shower off. i now have to turn the power off to stop the banging although the shower still works.

hope someone can help
scott

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:09 pm

Where is the pump physically located relative to the CWST, the HW cylinder and the shower head?

Cheers

scott j
Labourer
Labourer

by scott j » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:22 pm

[quote="rosebery"]Where is the pump physically located relative to the CWST, the HW cylinder and the shower head?

Cheers[/quote]

the pump is under the bath on the hot and cold supply to the taps. the cylinder is next to the bath room (upstairs) and the tank is above in the loft

thanks
scott

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:13 pm

"the pump is under the bath on the hot and cold supply to the taps. the cylinder is next to the bath room (upstairs) and the tank is above in the loft"

Thanks - at least we don't have a positive head pump in a negative head scenario. Possible you have a duff pump but I wonder if you are asking it to share supplies with all other taps? Cold supply to pump should be direct from CWST (via new and separate connection to tank), hot supply from HW cylinder again separate from all other taps using a Surrey or Warix flange (or an E s s e x if your cylinder has a suitable tapping. If you've teed the hot directly off the vent pipe you'll be sucking air down the vent into the pump - they don't like it!

Cheers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:49 am